Friday, November 23, 2007

Soup Kitchen plan in the Works; Kyoto Now Protest

The decision has been made to volunteer at a soup kitchen as a group as the next activity. Group members who have expressed an interest include Nisse, Lalor and Shane. Finding a soup kitchen to volunteer at and getting a good time when everyone can make it are the next priorities. Tomorrow I will call around to some organizations engaged in this kind of charity work and find out how to proceed.

I will also be heading down to the Kyoto Now protest on Dec. 8. I've invited everyone on my facebook for some reason. I took the chance that it will be a worthwhile organization/activity and invited everyone on the grounds that only people who really have time to spare will come anyway and if they do then worst come worst we can talk about future group plans or just catch up or whatever.

No comments: